Redesign of a popular portal which contains a lot of songs translations. The task was to make it more modern, pleasant and most easily understood for visitors.
This portal is very popular and has its own constant audience which likes it a lot. So the main goal was not to change the design cardinally, but to make it more handy, more understandable and modern. Actually the portal consists of six similar websites technically differing only in colour schemes. Knowing this fact, we worked on one website, and then spent a lot of time searching for appropriate colours.
We decided to begin with main page of one of websites, and we chose “english” website as a guinea-pig:
Looks good, but the header is so header…
Slightly changing right side of the header and adding some abstract background image:
Now header remains the same, but now more square and abstract. Drawing again the header together with the rest blue fields:
Customer seems to like it, so we proceed to other pages. A few days later the customer says that now he doesn’t like design, so we return to main page changing the header and blue side fields:
Finally, the design is accepted.
Now we can make headers for remaining websites:
Proceeding to the template of song translation page. One of points of interest on this page is a fully drawn again player with a playlist — it took a lot of time to make it look normally:
Finally, we’ve got it:
“Musical ring” template:
More sophisticated “Hit parade” full of options and statistics:
Template for “Songs by tags”:
Previous look of website: